Makeup makes me happy. Like SO happy.
I decided to make a list of some of my favorite foundations in case anyone is looking for something new to try! I prefer very sheer coverage in my foundations, but if I do want something a little more full coverage I have some tricks to do so : ) I do realize these are all high end makeup brands, but I think foundation and skincare is where you spend your money. I will save for months to get something new : )
1. MAC Face and Body: First up is my tried and true most favorite! This baby is a great price, works great and is the perfect amount of coverage for me. It is definitely sheer and not going to cover scars, freckles etc, but just makes your face look more even. Basically it looks like your natural skin, but better : ) The bottles are FULL of product and last forever. The price also isn’t bad so you can buy an extra bottle in a lighter/darker shade to mix and match to the perfect shade. I get super pale in the winter and need much darker products in the summer. I like that I can mix these to work all year. I also HIGHLY suggest ordering this foundation online. You can buy the MUCH bigger bottle for only $10 more. I still suggest going to the MAC counter and getting matched, but then ordering online.
2. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation: Bobbi Brown will always be a classic. Sheer, beautiful coverage that comes in 30 different shades. I prefer a more yellow base and Bobbi always has something I like. I will use this to create a tinted moisturizer by combining a pump with my Kiehls daily moisturizer. Super sheer, but evens any redness out in my skin.
3. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural: This is my favorite product MAC makes! I use as a foundation by spraying a brush with Fix+ then swirling in the powder and applying. Super light coverage, but so SO pretty. I have also layered this over a sheer foundation to set it or intensify the coverage. These also work great as bronzers, eyeshadows, contouring powder etc. I promise you will find a million ways to use these and they last FOREVER!
4. Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation: Super dewy, super sheer foundation. It can definitely be built up to have more coverage, but I prefer it light. If you do not like a dewy look, do not get this. You can easily set with powder and I would suggest you do. Now while I love the finish of this foundation, the applicator sucks. I love eyedrop applicators usually, but I must have gotten a dud because it seriously sucks up zero product. That being said, this looks SO beautiful with the Becca primers and when I wear it I feel so fresh faced and glowy. (If you are a sweaty person, apply extra powder!)
5. Clinique Chubby in the Nude Foundation Stick: I always forget that Clinique is such a great line. I used to always wear Clinique, but then randomly stopped for years. Until now haha. I love foundation in stick form (Bobbi Brown and Anastasia both have great products as well) and this is so beautiful! SUPER creamy and easy to apply and lasts all day long. You will need to make sure you moisturize your face prior to using, but if you do, this glides right on. If you do need to touch up later in the day (like 9 hrs later, it seriously lasts that long) you can just apply the stick right on top of your makeup. So easy to travel with or throw in your purse, just buy one!
6. MAC Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation: This one is a little newer to me, but I’m really loving it. Super sheer and natural like MAC’s face and body, but has SPF* and a bit more coverage. The eyedropper applicator works perfectly and a little product goes a long way. Whenever I use this I find myself getting too much product and having to wipe it off the back of my hand, so be gentle. *As I said this foundation is SPF 30, so beware of the flashback when taking pics. It’s pretty intense in my opinion.
7. Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation: Dior products are crazy expensive, but I have to admit, they are great products. This spray is AMAZING. You can spray it directly on then buff in, or I’ll even spray on my fingers to apply. I can’t say this is my favorite foundation, but if you like the more luxurious brands, this is your stuff!
8. Cover FX Drops: Oh lordy, get some of these people! It’s a teeny bottle for the price, but you literally need a drop when you use them. These are “my little trick” when I want more coverage in my foundations. They are HIGHLY pigmented liquid drops that you can add to primers, moisturizers, oils, serums, creams etc. I like sheer coverage, but these drops can create a flawless full coverage look as well. The more drops you add to your base, the more high coverage it is. Whoever created these are a genius, seriously. They also make the drops in BEAUTIFUL highlighting/golden shades called Enhancer Drops. You’ll die, they are everything. Go to Sephora right now and get a sample!
9. Morphe E54 Pro Deluxe Flat Buffer: If you haven’t checked out Morphe brushes, please do! I am a brush snob and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of these brushes. They are super cheap, but work as well as my Bobbi Brown, Anastasia, Marc Jacobs and MAC brushes. I would suggest the Elite collection over a bundled set though. The quality is much better. I use this specific brush for stippling/buffing in liquid foundation. I have used with all the above foundations and it’s effortless.
10. Beauty Blender Nude: This is my baby, my sweet little 6th child. I use it daily and will never stop.I use the pointed end to apply liquid foundations and they just melt right into the skin. Make sure you get it wet (not sopping wet, wring it out a bit) before you use it and I promise you’ll love it. I also use this to apply my under eye concealer (when I actually wear it) and it’s so easy. I love this nude sponge color, but the original blender is a fun bright pink.
11. Marc Jacobs Liquid Foundation Brush No. 1: Well this cost a pretty penny :/ All my Marc Jacob brushes were bought during the 20% off sales and planned out for months and I would never suggest just going and buying an expensive brush without researching it, trust me. Although Sephora is amazing with returns, it’s never fun to bring things back. That being said, I really love this brush. It applies foundation beautifully and doesn’t absorb too much product. BUT if you had to choose between this and the Morphe brush, I would choose Morphe.
Whew, that’s a lot of makeup rambling haha! I tried to give just a little feedback on each one, but let me know if you want more info. I thought about swatching them as well and never did, so might add that in later!
If any of these sound interesting to you, go to Sephora and get a sample. Heck, go to multiple Sephoras and get duplicate samples : ) Makeup is meant to be fun and creative so I say try everything you can!