1. COZY BLANKETS: We always buy three million blankets for our kids and we actually use every single one. Babies love to cuddle up to you and I always make sure they have a cozy blanket to use 🙂 The hospital does provide swaddling blankets, but they are not soft enough for my taste. The blankets are also a nice backdrop for the pictures you will take.
2. BOPPY: This is an obvious one! Well at least for most mamas! The boppy is a lifesaver when breastfeeding because it takes babies weight off of your arm. We also used our boppy to prop our babies up. Not so much at the hospital, but once we got home : )
3. HEADBANDS/BOWS: This is a personal choice, but I love headbands and bows on baby girls. I packed quite a few with my first daughter and used them all. They look so adorable in their hair and I preferred them over a hat.
4. COMFY OUTFITS: There is nothing cozier and sweeter than a newborn baby. Nothing! The hospital does provide a little outfit, but of course you’ll want to change your babe. Some people do not like onsies for their newborns (they prefer something open in front for the belly button), but it’s what works for us. We bring a few onsies, pants/leggings and socks. Of course you can also bring little tutus to jazz it up 😉
5. CARSEAT: You absolutely MUST HAVE a carseat to take your baby home! We love the Chicco brand carseats because they are reliable and very safe. This time I bought the cutest carseat cover for Demi and I can’t wait to put her in it!
6. PACIFIERS: This is another personal choice. Some families never use pacifiers, but we definitely do! I knew that I never wanted thumb suckers (nothing against anyone who has a thumb sucker, I just felt the habit would be too hard to break) so pacifiers are our go to. Both our kids used MAM pacifiers, but I’m bringing a few different brands to try out on Demi.
7. PICTURE OUTFITS: We love taking pictures and we love cute outfits! I like to bring one or two fancier outfits to use in pictures. Some moms like to bring a super cute outfit to use as the “Take Home Outfit”. This adorable outfit is made by ChelseaRoseBaby.
8. MIRACLE BLANKET: We are obsessed with the miracle blanket! Most people swaddle their kids with some type of swaddler or blanket, but we use this. It is basically just a blanket with special pockets/folds to wrap baby. I tell everyone I know to try it out : )
I can not wait to get my bags ready for Demi’s birth! I hope my list helped and I would love to hear any additional items you take with you.
Check out my Hospital Must Haves: FOR MOMMY post to see what I bring for myself : )