I LOVE MAKEUP
This is a list, a very long list, of my makeup favorites. These are all high end products, but I honestly believe they are worth the investment. They last forever and create the look they promise. I will be doing a drugstore makeup must haves in the future.
1. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation: This is my favorite foundation ever. I am not a fan of super full coverage foundation, so I always tend to look for a tinted moisturizer or sheer coverage type. This is a sheer coverage foundation, BUT it covers! You can also easily apply more for more coverage without a cakey look. This foundation is meant for normal/combination skin and I have never broken out from it. It also has a pump to dispense which I love. I wear either Natural or Warm Beige depending on how tan or un-tan I am : )
2. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural: This is a great powder product! I don’t use an all over setting powder, but use this as a way to set concealer. I literally own every shade because I am strange, but if you go in they can match yours. I am also really weird and use one as my main neutral eyeshadow. It’s a lighter shade that wouldn’t work all over, but is great for the eyelid. Some of the darker shades I use as a bronzer or contour because there is no sparkle. You can also buy these in sparkly/shimmer shades, but I stick to the matte natural ones.
3. Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder: Holy grail Bronzer! There are quite a few shades and they all are amazing. Just like the skinfinish I own at least 6 different shades of this bronzer. In my defense I go from REALLY tan to white as snow, so I actually use the shades for different things : ) The reason this formula is so great is the color payoff and how matte it is. I can’t stand a bronzer with shimmer, so these are perfect. I wear it different ways depending on why I’m applying makeup. If you want to learn the different ways to apply bronzer, I highly suggest going to youtube and watching some videos. They are really fun to watch and there are some amazing makeup experts out there.
4. Nars Luster Blush: Nars is famous for the Orgasm blush, but this is definitely my favorite. It is a glowing peach with a golden shimmer. The shimmer is not crazy so you can use on a daily basis. I honestly love all of Nars blushes, so you really can’t go wrong with any color.
5. Mac Fix+ Spray: So this isn’t REALLY a makeup, but I count it because I use it everyday with my makeup! You can use this as a quick pick me up or a makeup setting spray. I use it for both. I think my makeup looks so much fresher and complete after a quick spray. It’s only $20 and lasts a long time.
6. Soleil Tan De Chanel: I LOVE this product even though I hate Chanel prices :/ At least this little jar lasts forever. It is considered a bronzer, but I use it as a highlighter. I apply it on the top my cheekbones, nose etc. I have also mixed it in my foundation in the summer when I am really tan. My skin looks so luminous and bright, but it’s definitely a going out makeup look.
Nars Albatross Highlighting Blush: Woohoo! I have been loving this little gem forever. Nars are known for their amazing blushes and this highlighting blush is perfection. Online it says it creates instant radiance and I couldn’t say it better myself. It just gives your skin that pop of shine and luminosity it needs. This lasts so long you will need to buy a new one before it runs out!
7. Mac Pro Longwear Eye Shadow: My favorite shades for this are Always Sunny and Uninterrupted. I’m sure the other shades are great, but I always stick to nude colors. Always sunny is a great neutral tan shade. It is light brown and matte. I use it all over and in the crease. Uninterrupted is a darker camel color that is awesome! I switch between it and my Bobbi Brown camel for a natural crease color.
Mac Eye Shadow: Mac has some great eyeshadows and a HUGE range of colors to choose from. My everyday favorite is Brule. It is a creamy matte white color that can be used all over the lid or a highlighter under the brow. I have searched high and low for “white” shades I actually use and this is one of the few I actually like.
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow: All of Bobbi’s makeup is amazing quality and the eye shadow is no different. They last forever, stay on all day and have great color pay off. I have been using two shades forever and hope I always do. Camel is very similar to the Mac Uninterrupted, but even better : ) It’s a caramel color that looks so beautiful in the crease. Rich Brown is a rich warm brown and adds an extra oomph when I am headed out. Some other colors I love are Toast, Khaki, Ivory,and Blonde.
8. Mac Lip Pencil: I hate lipstick. HATE it. It definitely completes the look so I should love it, but I just can’t haha. I do however love lip pencils. My lips don’t have a definite line in some parts so I feel like I need to clean them up. It not only makes them stand out, but look a little bigger : ) I use Oak on a daily basis because it is nude and neutral. Mac’s formula works well for me and the price is great!
Laura Mercier Lip Glace: I have always loved Laura Mercier products, but just don’t own very much. I do however LOVE the lip gloss. Again I tend to wear nude colors, but they have a big range. The formula is not sticky at all! I hate sticky lip gloss because I can’t stop licking it haha. This feels natural and I don’t think about it when it’s on.
Bath and BodyWorks My Favorite Lip Balm: I have super dry lips so drugstore chapstick does not cut it for me. This lip balm is soft, creamy and provides a great shine. It’s pretty cheap at Bath and Body Works and they always have sales. I use this every morning and then throughout the day : ) My daughter Payton is also obsessed and tries to take it from my purse daily!
Bath and BodyWorks My Favorite Night Balm: This is pretty similar to the everyday balm, but a lot thicker! It is great for night time while you’re sleeping.
9. Bobbi Brown Makeup Brushes: Without a doubt Bobbi Brown makes my favorite brushes. I own tons of Mac brushes and although pretty good, Bobbi Brown is better. More expensive, but they have lasted me years so I don’t think price plays into it. It is important to remember to wash your brushes and take care of them. Otherwise there is no point in buying nice ones! The two brushes pictured are my favorites of what I own. The fluffy shorter one is the bronzer brush and the skinny one is an eye blender brush.
Marc Jacobs Liquid Foundation Brush: Ok so this brush is another expensive one, but for something you use EVERYDAY that lasts for years, it makes sense. I was using a flat top kabuki brush (I’ve tried 4 brands) and it was alright, but this one is so much better. It’s a soft fluffy brush and so sleek and pretty. You can apply your foundation directly to the brush, but I prefer to start with it on my hand. Then I swirl the brush alternating ways for a blended look. I haven’t tried any of the other Marc Jacobs brushes because I don’t need any new ones and it’s definitely an investment!
10. Yves Saint Laurent Shocking Mascara: Yikes this is expensive, but boy does it deliver. This mascara makes it look like you are wearing falsies, without all the work. I randomly tried this when I had a discount at Sephora and got sucked in. I haven’t found anything that is even close to the results I get from this. It’s a bit dramatic for everyday wear, but I like that.
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara: This is a close second to Shocking, but still pretty pricey. I like using these mascaras to make my eyes pop. I’ve learned that wiping my brush in toilet paper before using gets rids of all the clumps and delivers the perfect amount of mascara. I feel like I am wasting mascara when I wipe it off though, so sometimes I don’t :/
You may have noticed that I didn’t include coverup. I have tried tons, but still haven’t found my favorite. It is a product I rarely use, BUT I would love suggestions if you have a product you love.
I hope you enjoyed this list and find something great to try.
Let me know if you would like a more thorough review with swatches of any of the products : )